Applications for the 2020-21 season is closed. However, you can register your interest in joining Legacy for the 2021-22 season here. We will contact you when the application process for the next season starts.
LEGACY: INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
2020-21 Competitive Season.
Applications will be received from July 1, 2020 through July 15, 2020.
No late applications will be accepted.
Please be informed that submitting an application for membership does not guarantee membership. From the pool of applications received, there will be a selection process.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
There is No “Save” feature on the application. Please budget approximately 30 minutes to complete this application. Have mother, father, and each student present to fill out the Application.
Both the student(s) and the parents should be prepared to write a paragraph (or copy and paste one) explaining his/her interest in joining Legacy. He/she might include goals, learning objectives, what type of speeches interest them and why, or even fears of public speaking.
The student should be prepared to supply the email addresses of 2 references. You should forewarn these people that they will be receiving a short survey from us. Make sure both of your references will be in town and able to complete the survey BEFORE July 15th. It is your responsibility to ensure that references have submitted their portion of your application before the deadline.
- Fill out application at this link.
- Supply the names and email addresses of two References (in the application and we will send each one a survey)
- Once we have received all of the above, the parents will be sent a link to a spreadsheet where you can choose an interview time with the Legacy Board. The student(s), mother, and father should all plan to attend this 30-minute meeting. (Siblings may attend this meeting, but should be prepared to quietly occupy themselves.)
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
Legacy serves a maximum of 30 speakers per season. Unfortunately, we may not be able to accept all applicants despite qualifications. Our goal is to find committed families who fully understand and share our vision and are ready to commit.
- Prerequisite – Parent and speaker must attend a Legacy approved summer speech camp prior to application.
- Application instructions and link will be posted on this page beginning July 1, 2020. Applications accepted through July 15, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by mid-August.
- Club dues are $75 per student per semester.
- Kick-off party and parent meeting on TBD Saturday, September 2020. Both parents and the speaker are required to attend. Non-participating siblings may not attend.