Legacy Speech Club exists for the purpose of teaching children to leave a legacy by becoming effective communicators for Christ. Based in the San Jose, CA area, our parent-run club fosters a family environment of fun and encouragement while requiring a high commitment. Please carefully read and prayerfully consider our guidelines prior to club application.
Due to league requirements, families must be homeschooling, not part of a charter school or public school independent study program, and not taking full-time college-level degree program in order to join Legacy and compete in tournaments.
THE LEGS of LEGACY – OUR CORE VALUES
Just as a chair is supported by four legs that sustain the weight, Legacy Speech Club has four core values or L.E.G.S. that undergird all that we are and do. It is what we expect from each and every club parent and student.
- L eave a godly Legacy . We don’t merely want to be called Legacy; we want to be a legacy. It is our vision to establish a self-sustaining organization that will last for years to come, one which will continually equip students with communication skills which glorify God and leave a lasting impact on others.
- E ngage every parent. We don’t rely on one person to run the club; this enables Legacy to be self-sustaining. Varsity parents model coaching and mentor newer parents, who, in turn, learn to mentor others in years to come. All parents take an active role in running the club and are committed to coaching students other than their own.
- G row in community . We intentionally foster a family environment in which students have fun together and learn to encourage one another. This makes all the hard work very worthwhile!
- S et high standards. Membership in Legacy requires a significant investment of time and energy for both the student AND the parent. We believe that the time your family gives to this activity will yield momentous results (transformation!) in your student(s), and it is well worth the effort!
WHAT WE DO
- Work really hard and have a lot of fun!
- Provide a supportive environment where speakers prepare for competitive tournaments
- Train parents to become speech coaches
- Offer individual critique and feedback for every student in club
- Gather at speech tournaments to offer encouragement
- Provide Christian fellowship among peers and families
Email us with questions.
Legacy Speech Club: LegacySpeech@gmail.com