LEGACY: INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
2019-20 Competitive season.
Applications will be received from July 1, 2019 through July 20, 2019.
No late applications will be accepted. (If you have missed the deadline and would like to inquire about applying for the 2020-21 competitive season, please submit your family information at this link.)
Please be informed that submitting an application for membership does not guarantee membership. From the pool of applications received, there will be a selection process.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
There is No “Save” feature on the application. The student should be prepared to write a paragraph (or copy and paste one) explaining his/her interest in joining Legacy. He/she might include goals, what they hope to learn, what type of speeches interest them and why, or even fears of public speaking.
The student should be prepared to supply the email addresses of 2 references. You should forewarn these people that they will be receiving a short survey from us.
- Have each student fill out a Student Application at this link.
- Mother: please complete information at this link.
- Father: please complete information at this link.
- Two References (we will send the reference link to the email addresses provided in the student application)
- Once we have received all of the above, the parents will be sent a link to a spreadsheet where you can choose an interview time with the Legacy Board. The student, mother, and father should all plan to attend this 30-minute meeting.
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
Legacy serves a maximum of 30 speakers per season. Unfortunately, we may not be able to accept all applicants despite qualifications. Our goal is to find committed families who fully understand and share our vision and are ready to commit.
- Prerequisite – Parent and speaker must attend a Legacy approved summer speech camp such as Camp Communications prior to application.
- Application instructions and link will be posted on this page beginning July 1, 2019. Applications accepted through July 20, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by mid-August.
- Club dues are $75 per student per semester.
- Kick-off party and parent meeting on Saturday, September 7, 2019, 4:00-8:30 pm. Both parents and the speaker are required to attend. Non-participating siblings may not attend.